Friday, May 27, 2011

that "fire in my belly"...

"I think my problem is that I have that fire in my belly... I struggle with it every day."  ~Sarah Palin


Sarah, Sarah, there is no need for you to have to continue struggling with such pain ... there are medications available these days for that type of problem ... even over-the-counter ones.  But if the Rolaids, Tums, Pepto Bismol, or Milk of Magnesia don't help, and you continue to have that sensation of "fire in [your] belly" then I would suggest you seek the help of a Gastroenterologist [a tummy doctor].

He or she can suggest some medical tests ... for example a CT scan with contrast, or a barium swallow [I hear that the stuff doesn't really taste that bad], or a barium enema, or maybe even a colonoscopy, to name only a few possible tests, that might help to determine the cause of the "fire in [your] belly."  Your doctor might even decide that you need some type of surgery to relieve you of the "fire in [your] belly."

Of course, I do realize that these medicines and medical procedures, and the time you would spend in the hospital if you ended up needing surgery for the "fire in [your] belly" could run your medical bills pretty high ... and you might be one of the few thousand people who do not have good health insurance, and therefore struggle to have enough money to be able to pay your medical expenses ... in which case it might be difficult to get the problem of the "fire in [your] belly" quickly diagnosed and properly treated.

Oh, you're that Sarah Palin ... well, I guess you do have enough money and/or insurance to take care of the "fire in [your] belly".  Well, as I said at the outset, don't continue to struggle with such pain day in and day out ... see a doctor.  But please, don't pass the pain on to the American people by running for President of the United States in 2012.  No one in America has enough money or good enough insurance to help with the pain that would cause, in the very remote chance that you might win.  

No comments: